Wednesday, May 7, 2014

interview with pest wolf done by patrick

hails!!
here is a interview with a new one-man black metal band from germany.the band embraces all the cold-hate feelings of the early days of black metal.fans of this genre will defintly want to check out pest wolf very soon.
regards,
patrick and winter torment web-zine
http://wintertormentzine.blogspot.com
Interview with isegrimh all instruments,vocals for pest wolf.done by patrick

1.dark hails isegrimh how are things in germany? please tell the readers a little about yourself.

I think it´s fucked up in here. There are too much idiots in here that
damage our beautiful nature and believe in that ridiculous lie called
christianity. Especially in my hometown. But I can´t complain because I
do my own thing and just laugh about those wankers. Well at the moment
I am working on new songs for the upcoming split-releases and I am
planning to release a full-lenght album in 2010.

2.what gave you the idea to start/create pest wolf? how did you decide on the
band name? does it have a special meaning.are you happy with how things
are progressing with the band so far? for the readers who have not had
the chance to hear pest wolf.how would you describe the bands sound?

I ever wanted to express myself with black metal. I think theres nothing
better than put all your thoughts, problems and/or believs into your
self composed music. All along I was fascinated by the beauty of nature
and all the wonders that it creates. I see the Pest as a revenge of the
nature against humanity and the Wolf as a character which lives in
harmony with nature and won´t destroy it ever. Because of these reasons
I decided the name Pest Wolf. I have to say yes. I am totally
satisfied. I ever put emphasis on atmosphere. Because of that I would
describe the sound of Pest Wolf as atmospheric Black Metal but there
are tracks like "Territory of the Wolf" too filled with pure hate.

3.you are the sole member of pest wolf when you started this project did you
plan to keep it a one man band or have you searched for more members to
join you?what do you feel are the advantges and disadvantges to being a
one man band?

Pest Wolf started as a solo project and that won´t change in the future. In
my opinion there are much more advantages. You can decide on your own
how a song must sound. You don´t have to count on the skills or
reliability of others. The only disadvantage that comes in my mind is
that you have to compose a live line up if you want do give concerts.

4. if you had the opportunity to work with any musicians past or present who would you like to write/record with?

There are many artists with which I would want to work with. There are for
example Absurd, Moonblood, Camulos, Satanic Warmaster, Nargaroth,
Leichenzug, Totenburg and many others.

5.you recently released your debut demo "of wolves and the shining moon".how
long did it take you to write/record the music for the demo? are you
satisfied with how the demo turned out?

I wrote the songs over the last 2 years, but I haven´t planned to release
it with Pest Wolf, thats because I didn´t know that I will create Pest
Wolf when I wrote them. Except "Territory of the Wolf". It turned out
exactly how I wanted it. In a heavy limit and noble.

6.how has the response been from the fans and press?

The feedback I became was mainly good so far.

7.you are a part of the mighty german metal scene.what is your opinion of germany's black metal scene?

I am proud to be a part of that I have to say. But like in every other
black metal scene there are poser formations and bands which release
their stuff just to become money or regard. At least there are many
great bands which come from germany.

8.who are your all-time favorite german bands? are their any new bands you think the readers should watch out for?

I would say Absurd and Moonblood. I can´t recommend any bands but watch
out the german scene. There are and there will be brilliant formations.

9.as mentioned you play instruments yourself. so i was curious what was the
hardest instrument for you to learn to play? which one was the easiest
for you?

I would say the hardest is the guitar. I wouldn´t say that I already
learned it, I still learn and that won´t change. Much easier were the
drums for me, because I learned really fast and I have ever got a
feeling for rhythm.

10.you also handle all the vocal duties for pest wolf.when
did you become interested in singing? do you do anything special to
keep your throat/vocals healthy? who are some of your favorite vocalist?

I started to sing when I was in the first formations but in the bands I
never sang, I played mainly the drums and guitar. I just created a
technique with which it works at best for me. There are for example
Satanic Tyrant Werwolf (Satanic Warmaster) and Nazgul (Camulos) but I
also like the voices of Typhon (Sterbend), Granath (Cry of Silence) and
Geist (Klage der Nacht)

11.are you currently involved with any other bands or projects?

No I am not.

12.everyone has their own views/opinion on what black metal is and stands for so i
was curious of your thoughts. in your eyes what does "black metal"mean
to you?

Black Metal isn´t just music it´s a whole way of life for me. It´s not music
to me, because I attach more importance to the feelings which come with
it, not the sound itself.

13.if you do not mind a personal question for a moment. i was interested in
your views on religion would you consider yourself a satanist,atheist
or other? and how do you feel the world would be if religion never
existed {christianity,satanism,etc}

I would call myself as a total antichrist, but totally not as a satanist.
That´s because satanism came with christianity and is another filthy
lie in my opinion. The only thing in which I believe is the nature, I
call it the real "god".

14.well isegrimh thank you for taking the time to fill out this interview. good luck to you and the
band in 2010!! do you have any final comments for the readers?

Thanks for the interview. Keep black metal alive! Praise the nature! Be proud that you are different than the trustful and blind majority!

to listen to pest wolf and learn more about the band be sure to check out the "official" myspace here:
http://www.myspace.com/pestwolfhorde