Wednesday, May 7, 2014

interview with bane done by patrick

Here is a new interview with a new black/death metal band from serbia.bane! the band currently is waiting for a release of it's new 3-song e.p or as a split cd. but if you are a fan of early dissection,emperor. defintly take a few minutes to check out the bands "official"myspace page and listen to a new track!!! enjoy!!!
best regards,
patrick and winter torment e-zine

Interview with Branislav (lead guitars, death growls, lyrics for BANE).
done by patrick.
Dark hails brother!! How is 2010 starting out for you? Please tell the readers a little about yourself.
Hi bro! Nice to speak to you again! 2010 started off pretty good, thanks. Hope it`s the same for you.
Well, I am Branislav – the founding member of Serbian Old School Black Death Metal band BANE. Beside that I am also the co-founding member of Serbian Technical Death Metal band DISDAINED.

2. When did you all form BANE? What is the "current" line-up? For the readers who have not had the chance to hear the band how would you describe the music?
Well, Bane was “formed” back in 2006, but I was the only member back then. After a (unreleased) Demo in 2007, this project ceased to exist until mid 2009, when I finally started to write new material again. Current line-up is as following:
Branislav (Disdained) - Lead Guitars, Growl Vocals, Music, Lyrics & Arrangements
Igor (Goat Ritual) - Rhythm Guitars, Bass, Scream Vocals, Lyrics & Arrangements
Zombi (Infest, ex-The Stone, ex-May Result) - Live Session Drums
As for those who did not get the chance yet to hear BANE, this is totally in the vein of (early) DISSECTION – Swedish Styled Old School Black/Death Metal!
I know the band is hard at work on writing/finishing up their new EP. How many songs will be on this release?
Do you all have a release date set for it? Will it be self-released or all have you found a label to work with?
Correct – we just finished the recording of our new EP. Originally we recorded 3 tracks for this release, but we will see if we will release all 3 or only 2. One track from it is currently uploaded on our My Space profile: http://www.myspace.com/baneband
At the moment there is no confirmed release date set, because we still have to see weather it will be released as an EP, or via Split CD. There are a few labels that showed interest in this release, so it will definitely not be self-financed – I just can`t tell which label it will be until everything is 100% confirmed, sorry!
Speaking of new songs when the band begins working on new music how long does it usually take to complete a song? Does the whole band take part in the music writing or does 1-2 members handle everything?
The writing process usually depends. A song can be completed in less than a day, if there is inspiration & time to complete it. However, it also happens that something is written incomplete, and few months later it gets finished. It varies a lot, many factors implicate in the making of new songs.
As for the writing - I write all the music in BANE. When it is written, I think of the arrangement and usually talk it over with Igor, to see if he has any better ideas.
As for the lyrics – it depends as Igor & I both write lyrics, so it`s only a question which text is better for what song.

I know you handle the lyrics for the band so I was curious what are some topics you write about? Do you have any kind of message you try to express with BANE?

As mentioned just above – Igor & I write the lyrics. It is basically the stupidity, selfishness & repulsive acts of the human race that inspires us. The lyrics are totally misanthropic, without any forgiveness - only hatred. We do not touch in any way the politic & religious themes, as I think they are unworthy of mentioning & paying attention to (in the meaning that it would be better if both never existed).
Does BANE play live very often or do you prefer to keep it a studio band only?
Who are some bands you all have played/toured with? If you could set-up a "dream" show/tour who are some bands you would love to play with?

BANE was a one-man band/project for 3 years, and just a couple of months ago I finally completed a line-up for Live shows, so we did not play Live yet. We plan to do so, but before that we have to work/complete some more new songs that will appear on our debut full-length CD.
A dream Tour, wow…well it is officially impossible, but I would most have loved to do a Tour with DISSECTION (of course), or EMPEROR. Since that is impossible, I would love to do a Tour with German band THULCANDRA, Greek band EGNUM, or Swedish young band DEVILRY.
As mentioned the band comes out of the Serbian underground. To me it seems Serbia has a strong metal scene. Would you agree or disagree? What is your opinion of the metal scene in Serbia?

Well, in a way I would have to disagree with you. Serbia really has a few really good bands, but only few made “names” in the UG scene, and only a few bands had shows/tours outside our country – The Stone, May Result, Disdained, Infest, Sacramental Blood and probably a few more…but not more than 15 bands I think had foreign shows/tours.
Same goes for the albums that were released on abroad labels – we do have bands on foreign roosters, but the promotion is usually very poor…as for clubs, also kind of bad – there are not too many places you can play Metal here in Serbia. All in all, maybe 10 cities, not more…
Who are some of your favorite all-time Serbian bands? Are their any new up and coming bands the readers should watch out for?

Well, some of my personal favorite Serbian bands are Dead Joker (Brutal Death Metal), May Result (Black Metal), Infest (Death/Thrash Metal), Draconic (Modern Metal), Oksanat (Black Metal), and so on…
As for new upcoming bands that are worth paying attention to, I would name Beyond Total Carnage (Modern Death Metal), Mrznja (Raw Black Metal)…and probably a few more which I can`t think of right now.
Everyone has their own ideas/opinion on what black metal means. So in your opinion what does "black metal" mean to you?

Black Metal, to me, is before all – MUSIC. However it`s not just that. For myself it also represents an individual way of expressing my thought & feelings (through music and lyrics), and a way that I can “heal” my spiritualism. It is something were I can be 100% honest & creative with MYSELF, and not give a sh*t about anyone else.
But that is not for everybody, as you said. Symbols that people wear like inverted crosses, pentagrams, or 666…for some, that is what Black Metal is all about, which I personally think is ridiculous.
But of course, I don`t care what people wear, though. Those symbols have many meanings and probably mean different things to everyone, but that should at first be their own ideology, and not confuse their beliefs with Black Metal, as those things are different – Black Metal is art, passion & devotion - Beliefs are individual & personal. Beside all that, I think anyone who is conscious of what is going on in this world, knows that real evil does not have to do with those things…
When did you first become interested in playing guitar? Are you self-taught or have you taken lessons?

I seriously started playing the guitar when I was 13 years. Since then, I never had a guitar class in my life, so I guess you can say I am pretty much self-taught.
Who are some of your influences/favorite guitarists? Do you play any other instruments?

I listen to a lot of different types of music, so I have many “favorite” guitarists. Chuck Schuldiner, Jon Nödtveidt, Ishahn, Luc Lemay, Jonathan Levasseur, Andy Timmons, Guthrie Govan, and the list goes on and on…
Well my friend, thank you for taking the time to fill out this interview. I look forward to hearing the new EP. when it is released. Do you have any final comments for the readers?
Patrick, it is my pleasure –thank YOU for the eternal support! I will let you know when the EP (or Split CD) is out, and hope you will enjoy it!
Thanks for taking your time to read this interview. If you like BANE`s material, be sure to drop by from time to time on our My Space profile as there will be updates soon concerning the EP, Live Shows, and later on for the full-length album - http://www.myspace.com/baneband. If you have any questions/requests concerning BANE, feel free to contact me via private messaging, or via e-mail – banedeathmetal@gmail.com
KEEP ON SUPPORTING THE UNDERGROUND !!!
to contact band via myspace...