Wednesday, May 7, 2014

interview with cold life done by patrick.

dark greetings!!
hope every is having/had a nice weekend? well here is another new interview for your reading pleasure.this time around iti is with poland's cold life a band mixing black metal ambient,and some experiemental influences.a must hear for fans of dark music!!!
enjoy and hope you all have a great 2010!
best regards,
patrick and winter torment

interview with Demogorgor all instruments,vocals for Cold Life done by
patrick.

1.hails demogorgor!! how are things in poland? please tell the readers a little about yourself.


D. Hi Patrick
Thanks you were willing to conduct this interview with me
I am dealing with the metal Music over 20 years of course only listening was lat. of the beginning. after some time I went deep I established more.
in 1990 r first zine PORTION BOWEL, after some time came into existence second zine HELLGATES
Daylight also see my two compilations Autopsy(death, grind.thrash) and CHEMOSH (black metal) in 1992 y. I also did as menadzer of our local band Gladiator (black thrash).
I was also a founder of two groups IGNOMINY SYMPHONIES (grindcore) and DARKMOON (black metal) 1995 - 97 i was drummer position for everyone a few years of the break were it on account of an overseas posting.
I started with 2007 to think of assuming the single project, on account of a few problems it failed. in 2008 the idea became carried out, I established two single projects Cold Life and FEAR AND AGHAST. So far I am dealing with the very plans.

2.When did you come up with the idea to form/create cold life? how did youcome up with the name? for the readers who have never heard the band how would you describe the music?

D. The way I wrote the idea earlier he came into existence in 2007 but carried out in 2008 The COLD LIFE name means world in which we are that is: Total world chaos, death, depress.Style it is presenting which: Black Metal/Ambient/Eksperimental/Psychodelic Music.


3.You are the sole member of cold life.when you started the band did you plan to work alone or have you searched for other members?

D. Yes i am with only one COLD LIFE member. I put it on with the thought that I would be playing alone. I dont searched any musicians.


4.If you had the opportunity to work with any musicians past or present who would you like to work with?

D. So. At some point of my activity there were such plans so that hospitably my friend Immortal from the HADES WALK but it's no use didn't leave. each of us had own plans concerning the own production and it didn't reach it.

5.since you handle all the instruments yourself. i was wondering which instrument do you enjoy playing the most?which one was the hardest to learn? which was the easiest for you to learn?

D. Of course I am serving all instruments and programs alone instrument which I like to play it is percussion, bass, keyboards and guitar playing is difficult for me.


6.you also handle the vocals for the band.how long have you been interested in singing? who are some of your favorite singers?
D. Yes I am singing although I am not interested in a singing .My favourite vocalists.................. I could here long list. I have my favourite vocalists in all sorts kinds music but now we will stay by vocalists of the BM kind.... certainly will be it:
Roman Kostrzewski (Kat)), Varg Vikersen (Burzum), Fenriz (Darkthrone), Quorthon (Bathory),Tom Warrior (Hellhammer) Letaliis (...). L.Lokhread (Nocturnal Depression), Paolo Bruno (Thy Light), Icare (Gris)


7.You recently released the debut "nostalgia"e.p. how long did it take you to write/record the songs for this release? are you satisfied with how they turned out?


D.Not not..... it isn't my debut a debut demo is "Time Suicidal Visions", however Ep the "Nostalgia" is third from my four COLD LIFE publishing companies. Above with the one Ep' I worked over the month of the time... whether I am satisfied.. of course from each of my editions I am satisfied.

8.how has the response been from the fans and press?

D. All replies about my artistic work are positive I dont met with negative statements. Much fans writing and I getting also invitations to newspapers. with it I don't have a problem.


9.if i am not mistaken you are letting the fans "download" the e.p for free? where are the place{S} that the e.p can be downloaded?

D. Yes i giving my music for everyone. her to listen free .at beginning I respect the underground About charging my music are on my blog on the side www.myspace.com/coldlifepl


10.how often do you get to write/work on new music?when you start a new song how long does it usually take to complete a song?which usually comes first the music or lyrics? what are some topics/subjects you write about?

D.The question isn't simple........... I am creating my music when he comes the topic to the new number, with it is interesting differently. in some works is filling it for me to two months depending on what in the given moment I have in the head .
In creating new works there is very music on the top one spot, only in the process of creating I am thinking about words. Topics up to numbers............. hmm....... I am writing about suffering, deaths, suicides, of depression, illness, serial killers and about what is sitting in the bad human head.

11.you come out of the mighty polish scene.what is your opinion of the metal scene in poland? who are some of your all-time favorite polish bands?are there any new bands you think the readers should watch out for?

D.Yes a stage in Poland is huge. we have here really strong scene. Ooooo! There are a few old groups which very much I respect: KAT, PROFANUM, GRAVELAND(old), BEHEMOTH(old),VELES, XANTOTOL, DDT, THIRST, CHRIST AGONY.
groups worth the abandon....... is of them very much, I will exchange the ones which I remember: HADES WALK, KRZYK, FURIA, TOBC, BLACK ALTAR, GARDEN OF SADNESS, ILLNESS, THOTH, ZMIERZCH, FALL, PUSTOTA, FUNERAL DEPRESSION,
FORBIDDEN CULT, EVILFEAST, INFERNAL WAR, KATHARSIS666, THUNDERBOLT, AZARATH, VOCIFEROUS, DIABOLICON, MORDHELL, MOLOCH LETALIS and a lot of other. We have also a very strong Ambient scene, Eksperimental which still is developing and is growing.


12.well we have reached the end of the interview.thank you for taking the time to fill out this interview. do you have any final comments for the readers?

D..I also thank for your questions. I am greeting all WINTER TORMENT E-ZINE readers, of fans and acquaintances. SUPPORT OUR COMMON UNDERGROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to contact cold life check out the bands site here:
http://www.myspace.com/coldlifepl