Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Interview with Uappa Terror vocalist,guitarist of Terrordome Posted on 2-23-21


 

1.Hello Uappa please introduce yourself to the readers?

Hello everyone, I am Uappa – the guitarist and vocalist of Terrordome and less known bands like Extinkt and Deathreat.

2.When did you first discover thrash metal and who were the first bands that you heard?Who are some of the current bands that have caught your attention?

It was like, when I was 14, my cousin who I visited gave me lots of his cassettes from his collection. I showed him my latest discovery The Offspring – Americana and I told him, that I am in love in guitars there. Then he showed me tapes of Slayer, Vader, Metallica and he gave all the stuff to me, sayin’ that I will love it. So Did I. But it was Slayer who totally changed my view! I played Undisputed Attitude, Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits until the cassettes fucked up. That was an unexpected twist that changed my life to better!

3.Uappa you formed Terrordome back in 2005 when did you first get the idea to create this band? Are you satisfied with how things have progressed with the band over the years?

I always wanted to create a band. When I started listening to these bloody cassettes I felt it, that I don’t want to only listen to them. I understood that I have to sacrifice myself and I wanted to make this fucking music and rip off everyone’s head with this!

When I am now 34 I must say that the biggest progress we made is during last 2-3 year; I am good with it, but not good enough. We keep on doing better all the time and put our hearts and souls into Terrordome.

4.Who would you say are the bands biggest influences and have they remained the same over the years? For the readers who have never heard Terrordome's music how would you best describe it?

We evolve, things are changing. Earlier like (2005-2016) it was S.O.D., Razor, Evildead in their entire oldschool scene. Now – definitely more into Toxic Holocaust, Power Trip, Exodus, also some death metal bands that I love to listen to (Morbid Angel, Deicide), but it is barely hard to find their influence in new material. Even some of our guilty pleasures like Lamb of God or As I Lay Dying; yes we mix a lot, but the music is very characteristic. And anyone who has not listened to Terrordome before – this is a thrashing shotgun into your face rippin’ it off within 3 seconds during which you remember your whole life.

5.Straight Outta Smogtown is the bands newest full length release that is being released through Selfmadegod Rec. when did you and the band first come in contact with this label?

It was about 6 months before releasing the album. We were just finishing the recording session of Straight Outta Smogtown and contacted the label thanks to the band Dira Mortis – they told us that this is a great label we can count on.                                                                                                                    


6.How long did it take to write the music for the new release and does the whole band take part in the writing process? How long does it usually take to complete one song?

It took us three goddamn years. Due to changing the squad few times, it was quite difficult, but me and Paua (the guitarist) had lots of time to be finally very satisfied with the songs we wrote.

7.Uappa you handle the vocals for the band so i assume you take care of the lyrics for the music what are some topics writteen about on the new release?What usually comes first the lyrics or the music?

Yes. It depends. Sometimes I have lyrics first, then the music is written to the lyrics. In most cases the music comes first and then I adjust the choruses and verses. You never know what comes first!

8.Besides the Straight Outta Smogtown release are the bands previous releases still available for the readers to purchase? Besides physical releases does the band have any other merchandise availible for the readers to buy if yes what is availible and where can the readers buy it?

We have lots of merchandise – we sell it via our official merch store (store.terrordome.net) or via bandcamp. We have like different releases of our previous albums, several designs of t-shirts and other apparel, really, there is lots of the stuff we prepare, because to also love to make it.

9.Terrordome recently made a video for the song I Don't Care when did you first get the idea to make a video? Are you satisfied with how it turned out?

“I Don’t Care” was the video additionally made during our recordings of “Possessed by Blyat”. It came out that we have lots of time after doing the shots for “Possessed”, so as we were quite well prepared, we managed to fit 2 music videos in 1 day of shooting. So that, we have a nice addition like “I Don’t Care”. I like simple music videos and I don’t care about plots or shits like that; it can’t be always like that – so that, we are so happy with the results and we did a simple, asskicking video in the vein of “I’m Broken” served originally by Pantera.

10.What have been some of Terrordome's most memorable shows over the years? Who are some of your favorite bands that you have shared the stage with?

The best one was True Thrash Fest in Japan, then legendary Metalmania in Poland…and of course lots of smaller shows on our tour in Brazil. We love playing abroad and we have the best memories, when we’re far away from home. Also we shared the stage with Suicidal Tendencies, Sepultura and Anthrax – that was amazing to support these guys! Also we really much like the guys from Whiplash, that we played with in Japan – we stay in touch with Tony Scaglione and Dank DeLong, totally love these guys.

11.Terrordome comes out of Poland's thrash, cross-over scene what is your opinion of Poland's metal scene over the years?

Poles are kings of black and death metal here. We’ve got lots of great bands on this scene and lots of talented people. Thrash Metal is not so popular in Poland, but we’re trying to stay in shape here and represent it worthily.

12.Who are your all-time favorite Polish bands and are there any new bands you feel the readers should check out soon?

All of us in Terrordome are in love with listening and watching Vader on stage. This band is incredible. Also I like energetic bands such as Antigama, so I recommend to check their latest record with the video for the song “Division of Lonely Crows”. I would also recommend listening to Ragehammer and Voidhanger. True masterpieces from Polish soil.

13.Uappa you handle the vocals for the band when did you first start screaming and singing? Do you do anything special to keep your voice and throat healthy?

Back in 2005 we struggled to find any good vocalist that would fit Terrordome well. So when we started recording our mini album “Shit Fuck Kill” I decided to put some vocal tracks down and it stuck that way – that was the moment I started shouting in Terrordome.

14. Who are some of your influences and favorite vocalists?

I took lots from some influences from my favourite bands – I like listening vocals from Roger Miret (Agnostic Front), Barney Greenway (Napalm Death) and Peter Steele (especially Carnivore, ToN), Steve Souza (Exodus) and many thrash metal bands that Terrordome is played in the vein of.

15.Besides the vocals you also handle the guitars when did you first become interested in playing the guitars? Are you self taught or did you take lessons when first starting out?

Yes I was self-taught – I started when I was 14, knowing that I will have the band and I will perform lots of metal stuff. Then it started to be serious at my 19, when we started Terrordome. When I was like 31, I decided to take lessons, because I had many gaps and I was not satisfied with the way I was playing. So that I started to take some lessons that helped me a lot. I still learn and practice, because I want to be better and better on next recordings.

16.Who are your all-time favorite guitar players? Besides the vocals and guitars do you currently play any other instruments?

I won’t be original, but I like the way James Hetfield plays and I was always a big fan of Dimebag Darell. Except guitar I have a bass guitar and a drumkit, but I do not have so much time to practice it in details now, because I am super busy with all other stuff.

17.When you need to take a break from working on new music or band business what do you like to do in your free time?

I go to gym, skateboard, collect some lego and play PC & PS games, watching horrors and old 80’s movies. I love retro games (gameboys and other handhelds) and everything I could not afford, when I was a kid. It bring me great memories and fun.

18.Thank you Uappa for taking the time to fill this interview out do you have any final comments for the readers?

Awesome interview, thanks a lot. Some last words from me - support us if U like us, listen to our shit wherever you are or whatever you do and let us know what U think! Write a message, let us know – take care and see you on gigs!                                                                                                                       Band Contacts                                                                                                                                              https://terrordome.net/                                                                                                                                    https://terrordome.bandcamp.com/                                                                                                              https://www.facebook.com/terrordomeband                                                                                                  https://twitter.com/Terrordomeband                                                                                                              Label Contacts                                                                                                                                              https://selfmadegod.com/                                                                                                                              https://selfmadegod.bandcamp.com/                                                                                                            https://www.facebook.com/Selfmadegod                                                                                                      https://twitter.com/selfmadegodrec