Friday, March 29, 2024

Stimmung interview done by Jay Posted on 3-29-24

 

HI, THIS IS JAY REPORTING FROM BOGOTA, COLOMBIA

TODAY, I’M LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE TALKING TO STIMMUNG, FROM RUSSIA

HI Man, THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO TALK TO OUR READERS.


1- Tell us about the roots of STIMMUNG when where and why did you decide to form the band?

Beginning of Stimmung starts in summer of 2022 when I recorded my first track. It was instrumental cause I was only one who was in the project. Then Shoggoth joined in as vocalist and little bit later we starts record first demo named "Gravkulden Til Begavelsessalmer". My first track I recorded was included in the demo but now with Shoggoth's vocals. All artwork for CD I made by myself except logo that was drawn by Shoggoth's girlfriend. First demo was released by Zaindevevshaya Ryabina Records. Also we made edition of CD by outself.


2- You recently rereleased your stunning debut album, GRAVKULDEN TIL BEGRAVELSESSALMER, it is an absolute monster of an album,. Run us through it and tell our readers where they can get copies …I am curious to know what the follow up will be like ..Tell us about the new material you have….

Me and Shoggoth planning to release full- length album. We has some stuff like riffs and lyrics.


3- What were your musical influences growing up?

Most of the time I inspired by old school like Vlad Tepes, Black Murder, Mutiilation, Tundra, Grausamkeit.


4- When did you start playing music? And what was your first instrument?

I started studying music at about the age of 10 in connection with admission to music school. My first instrument was a guitar. Then, about 3 years later, I bought a Stagg electric guitar for the first time. I have only one to this day, I recorded all my releases on it. Then, I bought myself a computer and specifically started making music. I was recording, learning to "mix", working on my tracks.


5- Do you have any other side projects apart from Stimmung?

Besides the Stimmung I have many projects. Cranial Bifurcation, Regurgitation Excrement, Manifestation Morbidity, Dissection Foetus, Hygroma, Endometrosacrococcygesis, Hexenzauber.


6- Tell us about the current Black Metal scene in Russia. Recommend some new and upcoming bands…

I never really watch on Russian black metal scene, probably it's because I don't listen it. I remember only a few bands as Wintercult, Dubak, Altwals and Wintaar.


7- What are your top 5 albums of all time?

It's a March to the Black Holocaust (Vlad Tepes/Belkètre), Feasts (Black Murder), Vampires of Black Imperial Blood (Mutiilation), Satanic Blood Angel (Von), Ugjennkjennelige (Grausamkeit).


8- If you could play with any musician, live or dead, who would it be?

It would be Meynach of Mutiilation.


9- There is an ever-growing post-pandemic wave of young, talented artists, how do you see the scene developing over the next few years?

There's no developing. Black metal becoming more popular and it's lost his status "Kvlt".


10- - what do you think are the main differences between the ‘old school’ and the so called ‘new school’ of extreme music?

Old school is basis and canon, "new school" is more progressive.


11- Where would you like to take Stimmung? Do you have future plans to play live?

I don't know but I think somewhere in Russia probably. But in others countries should be ok.


12- Do you have any wise words to offer for any young artists that would like to follow in your footsteps?

Make music not do a shit.


13- would you like to add anything for our readers?

Thank to all who support Stimmung. I am very grateful to them.

Muchas gracias por sus preguntas.

A massive thanks to Stimmung

Spasibo!

Thanks for your time man and we’re eagerly anticipating your new material.

Hails!

Stimmung                                                                                                                                                       https://www.facebook.com/groups/1211587852722542/                                                                             https://stimmung.bandcamp.com/                                                                                                                 Masters Of Kaos Prod.                                                                                                                                  https://mastersofkaos.bandcamp.com/album/stimmung-russia-gravkulden-til-begravelsessalmer            https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083264766354