Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Interview with Chuck Owner of Blasphemous Creations Of Hell Rec. done on 8-11-21

 


1.Hails Chuck please introduce yourself to the readers?

Blasphemous Hails to everyone!!! My name is Chuck. I have been into metal since 1983. I own and run Blasphemous Creations Of Hell Records here in South Florida.


2.When did you first discover black and metal in general?And what is it about this genre that draws you in and keeps you interested?

Back in 1983 my friend Pat who later formed the band Hellwitch met a guy named Kevin who was into metal. Once I heard it I new that this is the music for me. The sheer aggression and violent nature and pure hatred keeps me coming back for more.


3.Who were the first artists and bands that you listened to and who are some of the current bands that have caught your attention?

Some of the first bands I listened to would be Slayer / Mantas / Death / Bathory / Sodom / Possessed / Destruction / Venom. Bands today that I have been listening to would be Owls Blood from Spain / Amputator / Howling / Battle Dagorath / Asagraum / Diaboli / Indesiderium / Kvele / Oath plus many more.


4.Chuck you own and operate the black metal label Blasphemous Creations Of Hell Rec. when did you first get the idea to start a label?Are you satisfied with how things have gone with the label so far?

I have been wanting to start a Distro / Label for many years but really didn’t have the cash to do so until about 4 years ago. Yes I am very satisfied with everything. More business is always better.


5.What do you feel is the easiest and hardest part about running a label?Do you have any friends or contacts who help you with the label?

The easy part about running the label is packing up all the orders. The hardest part I would say is keeping track of inventory and restocking merchandise. Also keeping in contact with webzines for interviews not just for me but for the bands that are on the label for reviews and keeping up with online radio shows so they can play the bands music that are on the label. Trying to get max exposure for them.


6.How many hours a day would you say you work on label business?

Besides my 40 hour a week job. Everyday is different. There are days where I spend 2 or 3 hours straight and then I am back and forth answering emails and packing orders.


7,Chuck you and Namtar{from Plague Demon Rec.} have co-released quite a few releases together when did you two first meet?

I met Namtar back in 2002 at the Sacrifice Of The Nazarene Child Fest in San Antonio, Texas. Bloodstorm and myself ended up sharing a hotel room and that’s how we met. We lost contact with each other for many years and got back in touch in early 2020 after I posted on Facebook about finding more label contacts.


8.What are some of your current releases that you have released? Are their any upcoming releases the readers should watch out for soon?

Here are my current releases along with the bands that are released with Plague Demon Records: STORM OF EVIL / THRONE OF NIPPUR / APHELION / ENSARCOSIS DEMONICA / ATER / ZWETWEZEN / KVLT OF ODIUM / HOWLING / ASMODAEN BLOOD COVEN / SVARTMASS / TILL / VALEFAR / SELVMORD / HISEMTUKS HIMI.N / EIRIK / MORKHGRAT / LAWRENCE WALLACE /PRIMORDIAL SERPENT / FROZEN FORTRESS / AEIGORT / PROGOAT / NEKCRIUM / ISATAII. Yes we have over 20 more bands waiting to be unleashed. Bands like: Necroroots (Mexico) / Pestalagon Presmetrius (Russia) / Temple Of Gorgon (USA) / Clenching Shadow (USA) / Thale (Norway) / Caveghoul (USA) / Servant Of Ulvaar (USA) to name a few. Don’t want to let out all the names.

9.What styles of metal do you carry in your distro?Do you do many trades or do you prefer to buy wholesale?

98% of what we carry is black metal and different genres of black metal. The other 2% is death metal. I do both, trades and buy wholesale.


10.If their are any labels or distro's reading this what styles of metal besides black metal do you carry in your distro?Where can the labels get in touch with you about possible trades?

I try to stay with all black metal. Anything other than black metal I normally get from trades. They can contact me by email: slaughterlord666@aol.com


11.What does Black metal mean to you?

Black metal is not a trend or fashion. Some call it a cult. Black metal is a way of life. It is of pure hatred and of pure evil against all religions.


12.When you need to take a break from working on label business what do you enjoy doing in your free time?

Besides spending time with my wife and daughter. Actually just listening to black metal and appreciating the pure talent of the bands.


13.Did you read alot of fanzines when you first started out in the Underground Scene?If yes what were some of your favorite fanzines to read?

I really didn’t read a lot of fanzines. I was way to busy trading cassette tapes and later video tapes but the few I did read were Metal Forces and Slayer Zine that I can remember.


14.What do you feel made a good fanzine?Are their any current fan or web-zines that you try to keep up with?

I believe a really good and honest interview and review of bands and their releases make a good fanzine. I have been keeping up with The Highway Corsair Zine. We have been putting full page ads in there. Also Bathory Webzine. He does a lot of our band reviews and we are doing his bands release in the near future and of course Violent Demise Webzine.


15.Besides fanzines i know tape-trading was huge back in the 80's and 90's did you do any tape trading?What were some of your most prized releases that you were able to buy or trade for?

I tape traded for about 10 years straight. Then I filmed and traded videos for about 15 years straight. My most cherished item I have is my Bathory- “The Return” LP autographed by Quorthon and I am on the credit listings of Bathory- “Under The Sign Of The Black Mark” LP which of course I have that LP.


16..Thank you Chuck for taking the time to fill this interview out do you have any final comments for the readers?

Thank you very much for interviewing me. It is an honor. I would like to say to everyone out there to go and buy the actual hard copies of CDs and LPs and shirts to support these great bands that are out there. All these digital downloads are killing bands. Support the true underground!!!!! HAILS 666!!!!               Label Contacts                                                                                                                                            EMAIL: Slaughterlord666@aol.com                                                                                                            https://bchrecords.storenvy.com/                                                                                                                  https://blasphemouscreationsofhellrecords1.bandcamp.com/                                                                       https://www.facebook.com/blasphemouscreationsofhellrecords/                                                                https://www.instagram.com/b.c.h.records/?