Friday, September 25, 2020

Interview with Chancroid done on 9-25-20

 


1. Hello please introduce yourself to the readers?

Hello!!! I’m Wira from Chancroid, and I’m doing guttural on Chancroid

2. When did you first discover brutal death metal and who were the first bands you heard? Who are some of the current bands that have caught your attention?

Well actually, I found brutal death metal in the middle of 2009, Asphyxiate, they were hit me with their monstrous stuffs from their sophomore album, and I started fall in love with this stuff when I listened disgorge and they were caught me to learned more about brutal death metal


3. Chancroid was started in 2011 when did you all get the idea to start this band? How did you come up with the Chancroid as the name of the band and does it have a special meaning?

just wanna made a brutal death band with some extraordinary things, you know the repetition and harmony, got some great idea that I can't use on my other bands that time, I was talked with my friend, Fiaz from Asilent (Singapore) about my project and he was blessed me with Chancroid as a good name cause there’s no band use that name before (we've checked in metal archive)

4.What is the current line-up for the band? Who would you say are the bands biggest influences and for the readers who have never heard the band’s music how would you best describe the band’s sound?

me (Wira) as guttural, Hendri as guitars and Arief as drums, the band who has influenced us are disgorge of course ,Deeds of flesh and enmity and so many things that we had on our mind definitely. We put some extraordinary stuffs on it, the extraordinary rhythm and time frame, so we minimized the repetitions for each part of our songs, for the harmony, we adding some diminished chord ambience, I guess this is my best creations since I play brutal death metal


5. Bestial Perverse of the Anomalies Psychoneurotic is the band’s debut full length that is being released through Brute! Productions when did you and the band first come in contact with this label?

2013 when we released our first single, coitus deification terminology

6.How long did it take the band to write the music for the debut release? Does the whole band take part in the writing process or does one member usually write everything?

Well actually we've been finished this album about 2016 since we had solid line up at 2013, we did writing our materials together we always had our time together every week end that we spent our whole week end to write our concepts.

7.Who usually handles writing the lyrics for the music and what are some topics written about on the debut release? Which usually comes first the music or the lyrics? 

 For the lyrics I wrote it by my own self, due to our capacity, by the way I used to writing some lyrics about sexual transmitted disease things which I summarised, but after the whole music has done I got writing block about the themes , you know those things hasn't wide topics and I think I should change the theme of our lyrical due to diminished harmony we're presenting and that day I was so craving with all gory movies, much blood and sadistic , so I decided to make the concept view of our album from some gory movies and this is the best part to share, we created the "thing" monstrous figuration and basically with some mental and psychological disorder, you guys can see him on our album cover , I gave him a name , William Thompson jnr., and you guys can call him "Thompson". And six of our song list tries to tell about him and two instrumental pieces that we created with a great young composer.

8.Besides the debut Bestial Perverse of The Anomalies Psychoneurotic release does the band have any other releases or merchandise currently available for the readers to purchase? If yes what is available and where can the readers purchase it?

We're gonna release our merch very soon, and you can come to our official label's site on facebook at BRUTE PRODUCTIONS. Instagram @brute.prods and our bandcamp www.chancroid.bandcamp.com

9.Has Chancroid had the opportunity to play very many live shows over the years? If yes what have been some of the bands most memorable shows and who are some bands you have shared the stage with?

Actually we're hadn't much shows due to our daily activities but we think about our promotional tours but guess this is won't happen very soon, you know corona gets us stuck. So I hope this horrible thing will be over very soon. The best memorable thing when we got playing on Osmed and Fetal Bleeding release party, you know they are in the same label with us.

10.When bands are able to play live again are there any plans to tour or play shows in support of the debut? 

We still can't make sure about the promotions tour for our debut due to pandemic. Hope everything will be just fine and we can start to share our songs on stage

11.Chancroid comes out of Indonesia's brutal death metal scene what is your opinion of the scene in Indonesia over the years?

Well the Indonesian scene is growing all the time, so many great bands born here and we've got kindly attention from worldwide.

12. Who are your all-time favourite bands coming out of Indonesia and are there any new bands you feel the readers should check out?

 Of course the almighty disgorge, deeds of flesh (from gradually melted to crown of souls), putridity and enmity. I think you should hear Expendiency's new stuff, though they aren't new band but their new stuffs are really fresh.

13.Besides bands are there any honest and reliable labels or distros you could recommend to the readers?

I think brute productions is very reliable label I’ve ever known, that’s the place where I can presenting my opinion, and so much great bands there , you can check 'em out on brute! Productions official sites.

14. Besides working in Chancroid do any of the members currently work with any other bands or solo projects? If yes please tell the readers a little about them? 

 One member of us has another projects, Ariel , actually he has a great brutal death band before Chancroid , Digging up and now he has joined to Muted too.

15.What does Underground Metal mean to you?

The place where I call it home. The place where I always come back home and the place where I grew up and still growing in it.

16.When you need to take a break from working on new music or band business what do you like to do in your free time? 

I spend my time listening to some good songs and hanging out and getting some cups of coffee.

17.Thank you for taking the time to do this interview do you have any final comments for the readers? Please enjoy our stuffs on brute productions youtube channel, spotify and our bandcamp site chancroid.bandcamp.com. Enjoy your day and stick to distortion and blast beats, your life will be blessed then

Band Contacts

https://chancroid.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/chancroid.dm/

Label Contact

https://www.facebook.com/bruteprods?fref=ts

https://bruteprods.bandcamp.com/artists

https://twitter.com/bruteprods