Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Hell Preacher Johnny of Merciless Onslaught radio show done by Patrick posted on 7-19-17

Hello
Hope  everyone  is  having  a  good  week  so  far? Here is  a  new  interview I  have  done  with  Hellpreacher  Johnny  who  hosts  the  diy  Merciless  Onslaught  show.If you  have  never  heard  his  show  please  check  out the  interview  and  tune in  or  download  the  shows.If you  are  a  band,label  or PR.Companie  be  sure to  get  in touch  as  I  am  sure  Johnny  will check your  band{s}  out  if  they  fit  his  musical  taste I  am  sure he  will feature  you.
Metal  Regards
Patrick
fiendformetal@live.com
https://plus.google.com/110515263288050247357?hl=en
https://twitter.com/PDeathrasher



Interview  with  Hellpreacher  Johnny  DJ of  Merciless Onslaught  done  by   Patrick


1.Hello  Johnny  how  are  things  in  Texas  these  days? Please  introduce  yourself  to  the  readers?

Hey man, still hot as fuck in Texas hahah! the never ending summer. For everyone that doesn't know my name is Johnny from San Antonio, Texas but most know me as Hellpreacher, the host of Merciless Onslaught. I also created and run the Merciless Models pages if anyone didn't know. So if bands might be looking for models to help promote their merch and whatnot I could probably help out there.


2.When  did you  become  interested  in doing  a   internet  radio  show?And  how  did you  choose  the  name  Merciless  Onslaught  as  the  name  of the  show?

Well I always wanted to do radio but I never listened to any internet radio or really paid any attention to it but Jeff from the band Iniquitous told me about Brutal Existence Radio and said I would do great on there. So summer of 2010 he got me to listen to Audio Aggression w/MetalMark, while listening it felt right and would be something I could do.

As for the name Merciless Onslaught it comes from two different places. Obviously Metal Church's song "Merciless Onslaught" plays into it but along with it would be a small tribute to the Tone Control, he was the host of the Thursday Night Metal Show on KSYM here in San Antonio. His show helped with some great bands I hadn't heard yet, so the Audio Onslaught had corrupted me haha!
The name really plays well into what I throw on the show as well. Playing whatever the fuck I want without any mercy to the listeners. They always have to suffer with my background music mostly.
 
 
 
3. Merciless Onslaught   was  first  played on  Brutal Existence  Radio{R.I.P}  was  it  long  before you  decided  to  bring the show  back  to the  airwaves?

It wasn't long, actually the show kept going without any interruption. I had just did the 6th Anniversary special 2 days before BER went down, so I searched online to see how I can continue doing my show live without BER. Some of the DJ's decided to take a small break but I just kept on doing the Onslaughts. 
Truly bummed me out that BER had to go but the show must go on. 
Some of the fellow DJ's at BER still going with their shows as well after the break they had. BER may be gone but we are still together diy style, really cool family to have I'd say.

4.What  styles  of  metal  and music  do you  play  on  the  show?And  if  any bands  or  labels  are  reading this  where  can  they  send  music  to  be  featured on  one  of your  upcoming  shows?
 
Mostly Black, Death & Thrash Metal but I play a lot of different shit. It comes down to if I like it I play it, no reason for me to play something I don't like to hear.
 
If Bands and Labels want to send in music they can email me at hellpreacher6@yahoo.com or contact me at my Merciless Onslaught facebook page. 
Just remember if I don't like it I won't play it. 
So maybe take a listen to an episode or two first or look at some of the past playlists. 
 
5.For  the  readers  who  have never  heard your  show   what  day  and  time  does your  show  come  on? And  where  can the readers  tune in  to  listen  to    Merciless Onslaught ?

The show is LIVE every Tuesday night from 10pm-1am EDT
Here's the link to listen to the show live http://mercilessonslaught.listen2myshow.com/

We also still use the old Brutal Existence Radio chatroom
 
I believe the site will play a hour of the last recorded episode whenever it isn't live. 
Merciless Onslaught special episodes will also end up at the mixcloud page.
 
 
6.Johnny  you  live  in  Texas   what  are your  thoughts  of the  metal scene  in  Texas?

Texas metal scene is a great one. Sometimes a show might not get a good turnout but it still ends up being a fucking great show. Right now I still say that Houston is the one delivering the goods, in bands and shows.
I will say that San Antonio shows get more insane at times.

7.Who  are your  all-time  favorite  Texas  bands   and  are their  any  new  bands  you  feel  the readers  should  watch  out  for?
 
I think the list would be too long but here are some great ones! Hellpreacher, Infernal Death, Blood Spill, Absu, Morbid Scream, Imprecation, S.A. Slayer, Fearless Iranians From Hell, Scum Allegiance, Apocalyptic Horror, Death Tripper, Militia, D.R.I., Hod, Plutonian Shore, Averse Sefira, and can't ever forget Necrovore!
 
There are always new bands to check out, Here's a few that some might have overlooked:
Wülfskol - from Houston
Venereal Baptism - from Laredo 
Black Jackal - now San Antonio
Expander - from Austin
Church of Disgust - from San Marcos
Remnants - from Houston
Voidspawn - from San Antonio
Pious Levus - from San Antonio
Funeral Ash - from Kingsville
 
 
8.Besides bands   are  their  any  honest  and reliable  labels  or  distro's  you  could  recommend  to  the readers?

Lot of good ones out there but usually stick with the same ones like Headsplit Records, Dark Descent Records, Memento Mori, Xtreem Music, Iron Bonehead Productions, Hells Headbangers, Pulverised Records, Forever Plagued Records, Nuclear War Now!, and World Terror Committee.

Also check out Nigredo Records, Diabolic Force Distribution, and Unholy Black Abyss Productions.

9.When  not  preparing  for your  next  show  or  taking  care  of  emails   what  do you  like to do  in your  free time?

Don't remind me about those damn emails hahah!! 
Well with the free time I like watching lots of wrestling, mainly BJW, Dragon Gate and DDT Pro. So many promotions out there I just like to watch them all. 
My misanthropic side is taking over and lately haven't really cared about going to much shows. I'd rather stay in and watch some wrestling or see some movies, jam some music and play Battlefield. 

10. Merciless Onslaught   is  a  diy  radio show  would  you  like to  find  a new station to  work  with  or  do  you  prefer to  stay  diy?

I had some offers when BER shut down, none of them really felt good like BER did though. Would be nice to find a good station to be apart of but they would have to be loose with their rules and let me do my show my way like BER let me do. I enjoy the diy way right now cause I don't have to worry about running over time or follow any rules.
 
If someone at a station sees this and would like the Onslaught to join feel free to message me or maybe just to run a replay of the podcast shoot me a message. Don't be like everyone and be afraid to ask me shit. 
 
 
 
 
11.Besides   metal  music  do  you  currently  listen to  any  other  forms  of  music? If  yes  who  are  some  of your  favorite  bands  and  artists?

I do listen to other shit than just metal. Really enjoy some good synth works, newer darkwave releases are great but recently there was a synthwave going and most became too soft and repetitive. Will throw on some stuff like 90's eurodance, 80's/90's freestyle, old and new electronic bands to techno industrial shit. Would Dark Ambient be thrown into this? cause that as well. 
Favorites? not sure but I do listen to these a lot: 
Kraftwerk, SSQ, Debbie Deb, 2 Unlimited, Equitant, Crystal Castles, Perturbator, Nightcrawler, Kick Puncher, Reaper, even throw in some Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Also anything from John Carpenter.
Oh yeah can't forget the Tejano hahah!! If you listen to my show all that stuff I use for background music when I talk.


12.Do  you  get  to  go to  a lot  of  concerts  in your town? What  have  been  some  of your  most  memorable  shows  over the  years?
 
There is always a show to go to almost every day/week or so here in Texas. As I said before I have slowed down on going to every show. I kind of burnt myself out but will go to the ones I really want to go to. 
 
Hmm.. memorable shows? Quite of few like the Rites of Darkness, Sacrifice of the Nazarene Child, Goregrowlers Ball, Destroying Texas Fests etc. etc. Fests always have crazy stories. I could probably write a book of everything just at those fests. 
There was this one show that Lethal Aggression played in SA, was great cause of the fights and cops showing up out of nowhere instantly hahah! the bands didn't stop playing. Just felt right like it was part of the show.
One good one that the internet went nuts over without even knowing what exactly happened was Morbosidad at Fuckin' Metal Hell IV and the band Conflict who were playing upstairs at the same venue. You can just google search that if you want.
Oh yeah the year before that had a fun setting, Michael Sweet of Stryper was playing upstairs in the main room while Fuckin' Metal Hell III was downstairs in the basement. Kind of a heaven and hell thing hahah!! Was funny seeing Michael Sweet at times going down to the basement while Gravehill, Ghoulgotha, Blaspherian, Sacrocurse, and Terrorist played. Forgoat who but one of the bands gave him a shoutout and I think people started chanting Stryper haha could be wrong. 
 
 
 
13.Thank  you  Johnny  for  taking the  time  to  fill this   interview  out do  you  have  any  final  words  for the readers?

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to do this update.
Hopefully people would like to tune in live for the Onslut, if not they can download it the next day. Just expect a 3 hour desecration with underground metal, featuring new releases, obscure bands, Demos/EPs & Texas bands.
If anyone needs info on anything I play, feel free to message me and I will gladly tell you. 
 
Not sure for final words except Fuck Off And Die!
Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/hellpreacher-johnny