Sunday, April 8, 2018

Interview with Adversvm done by Patrick posted on 4-8-18




Interview with Adversvm done by Patrick


1.Hello how are you doing this week please introduce yourself to the readers?

I'm fine thanks. I am the songwriter, guitarist and vocalist of ADVERSVM.

2.When did you first get the idea to start Adversvm and how did you come up with the name for the band?
When I had the desire to create a sound that is as sinister as possible. My purpose was a punch into the face of rock'n'roll music with an intense sound of morbidity. So I started to write the first songs in 2015. The band name I chose for the countercurrent to all mundane streams on earth and adversity to the status quo. And also as countercurrent to the usual mainstream Black and Death Metal of all decades.

3.I believe Adversvm is a one man band would you like to find more musicians to work with or do you prefer working alone?
I started ADVERSVM with my drummer and some session members for the debut album. Meanwhile there are some more musicians involved in the band so ADVERSVM was never a one man band.


4.What do you feel is the best and worst thing about being in a one man band?
I don't see advantages in a one man band and prefer to work with other musicians who can understand the idea and path of ADVERSVM. The collaboration with individual styles on the same path I consider as the strongest way to create great art.

5.If you had the opportunity to work with any musicians past or present who would you like to work with?
Carlo Gesualdo would be great. The spirit of his madrigals combined with sinister tunes would bear a noble sound.

6.Aion Sitra Ahra is the debut release how long did it take to write the music for the debut release?
Writings and recordings took a year.

7.Where did you draw inspiration for the lyrics on the debut release?
In the years of my spiritual workings I studied some different paths of religious gnosis. The only direction I thought about for the beginning of ADVERSVM was the qliphotic current. True dark art shall rise with the abyssic power of the other side.

8.Besides Aion Sitra Ahra does the band have any other merchandise available for the readers?
Not yet. First, AION SITRA AHRA will be released by Iron Bonehead Prod. as CD, LP and digital version in May 2018. Next releases will be an EP or split and the second album in 2019.

9.Does Adversvm play live or is this strictly a studio project?

It is still a studio project. Perhaps we will play live gigs in the fututre. Currently I am too busy with writing and working on new songs.

10.When not working on new music or band business what do you like to do in your free time?

I like to close my eyes to see a starless void.

11.Besides Adversvm do you currently work in any other bands or solo projects?

No, I invest all my free time to work on ADVERSVM.

12.Thank you for taking the time to fill this interview out do you have any final comments for the readers?
Thank you for the interview. Hallowed be the end time divine!

                                                                 Label   Contact
                                                         http://www.ironbonehead.de/
                                                      https://ironboneheadproductions.bandcamp.com/