Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Interview with Rimfrost done by Patrick done on 3-9-16

Here  is  a  new  interview  with  Sweden's  Rimfrost   talking  about  their  third  self-titled  cd  and  the  bands  past  and  future  plans.If you  enjoy  Swedish black  metal   then  defintly  check this  band   out  today.
Patrick
fiendformetal@live.com









Interview   with  Rimfrost   done  by    Patrick






1.Hails!  when  did you  first  meet  the   other members  of  the  band?Was  it  long  before you  all  formed   Rimfrost ?

Hravn:I met Throllv in school in 2002. We started talking music between classes and one thing led to another. We all grew up in  a small town so we always knew who the other guys in the band were before we started the band. I got to know B.C a couple of years later, in 2007.
I met him through my ex-girlfriend and her friend.






2.How  did you  all  choose  the name   Rimfrost    for the  band?Does  it  have  a  special  meaning? What  is the  current   line-up  of   Rimfrost?


Hravn: We wanted a name that was cold and grim, as our music. Rimfrost is an old Norse name and means "frost". The current line-up is me on guitar and vocals,
Throllv on drums and B.C on bass. 
 
 
 
 
3.  Rimfrost     was  formed   in  2002   how  do you  feel  the bands  music  has  changed   over the  years? Who  are  some  of the bands  biggest  influences?


Hravn: As we got better and more techniqual at our instruments the urge of creating more intense music grew. Naturally for a couple of young guys. We wanted to create
fast and heavy black metal, still with the melodic parts in it. After Veraldar Nagli we eased down a couple of notches, and returned to our basics (the style we
had going on the demo and debut album). We realised good music for us is more to the heavy metal way, and now we let that colour the sound more than before. Black Metal
in my opinion needs new fresh blood. If I want to listen to the old school black metal I love, I listen to the old school black metal bands. Simplicity in its purest
form. I don´t have needs to check out all the same sounding black metal bands out there. Sometimes it can pop up one or two good bands, but I often realise that the
record was recorded in the 80`s or 90`s. Hahaha! 
 
 
 
 
 
4. Rimfrost   is  getting  ready to  release  the  third  full length   " Rimfrost" how  long  did  it  take  to  write  the  music  for  the  new  release?Does  the  whole  band  take  part  in the  writing process or does  one  member   usually  write everything?

Hravn: Ohh, I think we used riffs and ideas since at least five years back! It sure was a good process though, like a fine whiskey. Haha! Well, the writing is and has always been
my and Throllv´s part. We compose evereything together. Often we meet up in our rehearsal and starts jamming and the magic appears. Our bass player had some ideas with
lyrics for this album aswell. He didn´t participate with the music writing, but his thoughts of arrangement still counts to 100 percent!
 
 

5.Besides  the  new  self-titled  cd  does the  band  have  any  previous  releases  or merchandise   available  for  the  fans?  If  yes  where  can  the  readers  buy  it  from?

Hravn: We have some "A Frozen World Unknown" t-shirts still available. If you are interested in one please drop an order to: Rimfrost_Metal@hotmail.com

Throllv: The previous releases can be ordered at record stores.
 
 
 
 
 
 
6.Does   Rimfrost   get  to  play  "live"  very  often  or do you  prefer working  in  the  studio?What  have  been  some  of your   most   memorable  shows to  date?

Hravn: We are getting there more and more. Unfortunately we haven´t been so active with releases or live gigs, but that is changing now! We have some gigs planned
this year already and more to come! I am a sucker for Germany. Love Germans and their visions in metal music. You play for them and they show their appriciation. Enough said. Haha!
 
 

7.Are their  any  tours  or  shows  coming  up  that  the  readers  should   watch  out for?

Hravn: Please check our official Facebook for dates and venues, things happen very quickly.  
 
 
 
 
 
8.What  does  black  metal   mean  to  you?

Hravn: A creative form of unleashing your inner dark. With that said I don´t refer to any kind of religion. I consider my self as an atheist (if I
necessarily need to say I am anything). I enjoy my life
and I do what I want. I was born as a free human being, both in mind and physically. And I intend to keep it that way.
The music is nowadays wide, which is a good thing. But as I said before, I really enjoy the early bands in the scene. Bathory is my all time favorite, to me
that band has it all. Darkthrone is another bad ass band and I enjoy the Norse influences in Black Metal. The roots always interest you, doesn´t it? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
9. Rimfrost   comes  out  of  the   mighty   Swedish  black  metal  scene What  is  your  opinion  of  Sweden's  black  metal  scene  over the  years?

Hravn: I actually like the fact that Swedens Black Metal bands are starting to claim the scene more. Norway has a really great and impressive BM culture, with
almost all the big acts coming from there. In my opinion the whole thing started with Bathory and Venom (of course there is always an die hard butt out there who
would correct me now, hahaha!) and we need to get back on the map, more and faster and harder. The difference between Swedish BM and Norwegian is that Swedes intend
to overdo everything. Norwegians stick to the simplicity and grim (at least they did back then). The Swedish Death Metal wave killed of all the potential good upcoming BM bands from here.
 
 
 
 
 
 
10.Who  are  your  all-time  favorite  Swedish  bands? Are  their  any   new  bands  you  feel  the  readers  should  watch  out  for?

Hravn: Bathory. We have Sorhin aswell as Dark Funeral (their first records are incredible). Watain is a strong machinery.

Throllv: And of course Dissection.
 
 
 
 
 
11.Besides   bands  are their  any  good  labels/distro's  you  feel the  readers  should  watch  out  for?

Hravn: I must take this oppurtunity and give Non Serviam Records a big salute. It is really rare finding that kind of dedication from a label nowadays!
Otherwise I´m quite boring and have no clue what´s on the map nowadays. I prefer to sit and stare at the wall. Hahaha!
 
 
 
 
12.When  not   working  on  new  music  or  band  business  what  do you  all  enjoy doing  in your   spare  time?

Hravn: Lifting wheights is one of my passions aswell as enjoying movies. My family, the classic answer. Hahaha! I will, as soon as my economy allows, get a motorcycle
license and do what I always dreamed of, riding a black chopper against the sunsetting horizon, listening to some Creedence Clearwater Revival. More metal than that?
I don´t think so... Hahahahaha!
 
 
 
 
 
 
13.Thank  you  all for  taking  the  time  to  fill this  interview  out  do  you   have  any  final  words  for  the  readers?

Hravn: Thank you for having us man! Yes, I have; if Rimfrost play a gig near you, you show up and support and have a beer with us! Over and out fiends!