Sunday, December 6, 2015

Interview with Abysmal Growls Of Despaire done by Patrick on 12-6-15

Hello  to  everyone  who  takes the  time to read  this  interview  and  be sure  to  check  out  the  rest  of the  web-zine  for  interviews  and  reviews  from  all different  genres  of  metal  music.
    The  newest  interview  is with  French  funeral  doom  band  Abysmal  Growls  Of  Despair  and the  new  release   "Between  My Dead"  which  is  released  by  two  great  labels  Black Plague Rec.{U.S}  And  Metallic Media{U.S}  And the  Russian  label  Satanath    definitely  a   good   band  to  check  out if you  are   into  funeral   doom  metal
Regards
Patrick
fiendformetal@live.com













Interview  with   Hangsvart  vocalist  and  all  instruments  for  Abysmal  Growls Of  Despair   done  by    Patrick












1 Hello    Hangsvart    how  are  things  going  with you?   Please  introduce yourself to  the  readers?


Hi, I'm glad to be interviewed for your webzine. I can say about myself that my main inspiration comes from my own torments. Indeed I suffer from schizophrenia, since 2006.
So all my music work is based arround this.






2.When  did you   become  interested   in  writing  and  performing  music?

At the begining of my illness, I've started write poem in 2006 and started with bass guitar in 2007. And now I don't know many songs from other artists but I creat my own music.




3.What  were  the  first   instruments  you  learned  to  play?Are you  self taught  or  did you  take  music lessons  when  first   learning?


I've started by bass guitar, after guitar, I've played cello, and now I also played Morin Khuur and Tsuur, two instruments from the ancient mongolia.
I've learn all by my own, so I'm totally self taught.





4.Who   are  some  of your   influences/favorite  musicians? Are  their    any  instruments  that  you  would  like  to  learn  to  play?


I've been influenced by Ataraxie, Funeralium, Bethlehem (Dictius Te Necare album), Remembrance, Catacombs, Shape Of Despair. But also mongolian music, medieval music, and neofolk as Nebelung, Falkenstien.
I love listen ancient music. I would like to learn to play old instruments and percussion.





5.Besides   playing  the   instruments  you  also  handle  the  vocals  for the  band  when  did you  start  singing  and  growling? Is  their  anything  special  you  do  to   keep your  throat and  voice   healthy   when  recording?


I've started guttural singing in 2009. Now I sing in overtone technic from mongolia, in harmonic technic, and classic grunt technic.
In most of my songs I use harmonic singing. So as with overtone I produce two or three notes at the same time.
I can do 7 different guttural voices.




6.What  gave you  the   idea  to  form   Abysmal  Growls Of  Despair ? How  did you  come  up  with  the   name  for this  band?


I like Funerl Doom since many years, and I composed from the begining. So it came naturally.
I want a name which can fit with my natural deep growls.





7.Abysmal  Growls Of  Despair   is  getting  ready  to  release  the  new  cd   "Between  My  Dead"   how   long  did  it  take  you  to  write  and record  the  music  for the  new  cd?

I'm really quick, I think it takes less than one month from the first idea to the final mastered tracks.





8.Where  do  you  draw   inspiration  for  the  lyrics?

For between my dead it's from my misanthropy and my schizophrenia. In deed I saw often (in hallucinations) dead corpses, stillborn, ghouls, and many other monsters. And I would like all of these could be real, and join the ghouls to eat and hunt this mankind.
I often question myself about leave this world and live in a deep forest or a cave, kill those who came too near and eat what I found.





9.Besides  the  new  cd   "Between  My Dead"   does the  band  have  any  other releases  or  merchandise   available  f or  the  fans? If  yes  where  can  the  fans  buy  it?

There are t-shirt available in bandcamp or directly by contacting me, men and girly.
And other Cds, Dark Days, In Memorian, Songs Of Deepest Skies, also available in my bandcamp or my labels.


10.Other  then  funeral  doom   do  you   like  any  other forms  of  doom  what  about  music   in  general  who  are  some of your  favorites?


In doom I love Drone, Death/doom, ambient doom. In general I love all ambient music, medieval music, neofolk music, death metal, black metal, blues, jazz, classical, stoner doom and rock, gregorian chants.





11.Hangsvart   are  you  currently  working  with  any  other  projects  or  bands? Please  tell the  readers a  little  about  them?


I'm behind Abysmal Growls Of Despair, but also : Plagueprayer (horror funeral doom) Catacombed (drone) Low Cave Sounds (drone ambient) Ursus Horribilis (Brutal Death) Caelum Natus Ex Mortuus (Dark Ambient).
But I'm also the singer in Arrant Saudade( Funeral Death/Doom), Ancient Lament (extraterrestrial funeral doom) and We Hate You Too (duo piano/growl).
I've become recently the singer of a death metal band in my town, and soon an EP will be available.
I'm a sound ingineer too, working for other band. 





12.Hangsvart     you   live  in  the  great  country  of  France   what  is your   opinion  of  France's  doom  and  metal  scene?

We have some really great band as Remembrance, Ataraxie and Funeralium.
I'm not really invested in the scene in France. I don't go to show for the moment.
Maybe in few years when I could more easily tolerate othe people. 





13.Who  are some  of your  all-time  favorite  French  bands?  Are their  any  new  bands  coming  out  of  France  that you   feel  the  readers  should  check  out?

Maybe Funeralium or Remembrance. There are Öxxö Xööx which is a really original band ;
Aythis, dark ambient with Carline Van Roos from Remembrance.




14.When   not  working  on  music   what  do  you  enjoy  doing  in your  free  time?


Reading, watching documentary about wild life, science or ancient times. Walk in forest or mountain, visit old village, old casttle, old church, caves. Watching good movies. And drink cappuccino …





15.Thank  you  for  taking  the  time  to  fill this   interview   out.Do you  have   any  final  words  for  the  readers?


Thanks to you for asking me this interview.
Keep in mind that music is for everybody and everybody can listen all kind of music.
Don't make children and save wild life.


                                                            Band  Contact
                                           https://www.facebook.com/AbysmalGrowlsOfDespair/
                                                   https://abysmalgrowlsofdespair.bandcamp.com/
                                                                 Label   Contacts
                                                   http://www.blackplaguerecords.com/
                                                   http://www.metallic-media.blogspot.com/
                                                               http://satanath.com/