Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Osy Mainty interview done by Jay Posted on 6-8-22

  Here is a new interview that was  submitted by a friend of mine who should be  sending more interviews in the future.                                                                                                                                 Patrick                                     


Hi this is Jay reporting from Bogota Colombia..

Today I'm lucky enough to be talking to Osy Mainty from Madagascar.

A fast-rising star with a growing following, this is definitely a band for the future..

Ca va mon ami! Thanks for talking to our readers..

1 Tell us about Osy Mainty.. when/where/why was the band formed?

I created the project in 2010 here in Antananarivo. Back to the days, I was dreaming about a live band but several troubles pushed me to make it a 1 man project. Before Osy Mainty I had many other projects that were mostly into core but nothing serious or great. I think the bands that actualy made me love bm were Dimmu Borgir and Dark Funeral but my passion for depressing stuff is a kinda natural


2 Describe your music in 5 words

This is just my past

3 I've been fortunate to have a preview of the forthcoming album Born Within Disgrace...I can say it is mindblowing.. original..terrifying...groundbreaking.... run us through the album tracks and tell our readers where they can buy it...

Ok so 1st fitia poizina is the malagasy for poison-love. It's a musical summary of my love stories (the kind of story that make you wanna die) i used 4 languages for the lyrics (malagasy, french, english and japanese) My bro also played the lead guitars on it

2nd resy or defeated. The last minutes of somebody who comited suicide (in music)

3rd satana mpanjaka mahery or great king satan. Anti-religious and anti-constitutional track.( I was baned coz of it)

4 hanaraka anao or following you (into the grave) is the story of somebody who wana die coz they lost the 1 they loved the most

5 flashing lights is a sorta late party that will be forgoten the following day (but few images remained)

6th coromax is at the same time a sensibilization for protection against covid 19 and a modest requiem for the victims

7th Suicidal obsession... Do I really have to explain?

8th Born withing disgrace is more in the field of rejection or being rejected. Disability, ugliness, loneliness, self-destruction, adiction, uselessness...

The album is available at Masters Of Kaos Productions. Support the underground. Hail metaleros...¥m/...


4 what inspires the lyrical content in your tracks?

It's obvious. Also depends on music. Sometimes, lyrics come first. Most of my lyrics come from real emotions but I also try to talk about something else in order to make it less narcisictic.


5 what inspired you to become a Black Metal musician?

I don't know much. I just love it


6 What are your plans for the future? I understand you have more material to come?

Yeah some material first especialy internet conexion. Them maybe trying to find a scene for Osy Mainty and for what might bm become here. Depends on the public. My job is done.


7 tell us about your best and worst experiences as a Black Metal musician..                                               

my Accident was the worst (but maybe it's just my mind) and still waiting for the best.


8 tell us about the scene there in Madagascar...Recommend some bands for our readers..

Seth, dark'inside, samara, azazael... We have plenty of good band here but the public is modal.


9 what is your favourite all time BM album and why?

Hard to say. The band who made me dream the most must be dimmu borgir but I also love so many other bands IF I HAD TO CHOOSE...In sorte diaboli, spiritual black dimension...


10 what is your opinion on the evolution of BM over the years and where do you think it will go in the future?

No one can actualy predict tomorow but according to what we're living today I'd say atmospheric say will take a huge dimension. Same for electronic or virtual music but it will probably take more time.


11 What modern bands do you listen to?

Violet cold, deadspace...


12 What words of wisdom would you give to any up and coming bands / musicians?

Ego kills talent and 2 are better than 1


13 Would you like to add anything for our readers?

Thx a lot for supporting metal... Hail

Merci beaucoup, Osy Mainty!!! 666                                                                                                             Band Contacts                                                                                                                                               https://www.facebook.com/Osy-Mainty-Official-107969957766049/                                                         Label  Contacts                                                                                                                                             https://theblackwitch056.wixsite.com/mastersofkaos/shop                                                                          https://mastersofkaos.bandcamp.com/                                                                                                         https://www.facebook.com/Masters-Of-Kaos-Productions-103153375679760                                           https://www.facebook.com/Masters-Of-Kaos-Productions-103153375679760