I can't understand the meaning of the German lyrics, but I can understand how fuckin' metal they sound, and Atronos is as metal as they come. At their heart, they play black metal, but they feature yelled and sung clean vocals in many passages rather than snarled or growled. It's quite diverse, vocally, with all sorts of styles and tones, and it's quite original sounding due to this. They bear some passing similarity to Eisenkult, but only superficially, and this is natural as they do share some members, including the vocalist. Stylistically they mix in epic heavy metal riffing with their brand of black metal, and the melodies soar overtop an aggressive rhythm section. The songs are almost always upbeat and aggressive yet somehow melodic and anthemic, and I imagine the choruses are singalong quality if you know German. Atronos is yet another band that I've recently stumbled upon that reminds me of the obscure English band Forefather, mainly for their epic style of riffing, and some of the vocal arrangements. This is quite a unique black metal record, and it's got a true metal feel to it, so I highly recommend it to you, reader.
Wednesday, August 12, 2026
Atronos--Gram (CD) (2026 Purity Through Fire Records)
I can't understand the meaning of the German lyrics, but I can understand how fuckin' metal they sound, and Atronos is as metal as they come. At their heart, they play black metal, but they feature yelled and sung clean vocals in many passages rather than snarled or growled. It's quite diverse, vocally, with all sorts of styles and tones, and it's quite original sounding due to this. They bear some passing similarity to Eisenkult, but only superficially, and this is natural as they do share some members, including the vocalist. Stylistically they mix in epic heavy metal riffing with their brand of black metal, and the melodies soar overtop an aggressive rhythm section. The songs are almost always upbeat and aggressive yet somehow melodic and anthemic, and I imagine the choruses are singalong quality if you know German. Atronos is yet another band that I've recently stumbled upon that reminds me of the obscure English band Forefather, mainly for their epic style of riffing, and some of the vocal arrangements. This is quite a unique black metal record, and it's got a true metal feel to it, so I highly recommend it to you, reader.
