Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Interview with Peter Vocalist, Bass player of Alvarez done on 7-26-22

 



1. Hello Peter how are you doing this week? Please introduce yourself to the readers?

Not much to say about myself. Playing guitar and bass all the time. I am originally from Austria, but I live now in Slovakia for over 20 years.


2. When did you first discover Metal music and who were the first bands and artists that you listened to? Who are some of the current bands that have caught your attention?

My first album was Paranoid from Black Sabbath. It was in the early 70ties when I was a child. Early Sabbath with Ozzy is my fave music till today! Some of the milestones for me are: Number of the Beast/Maiden, Defenders/Priest, Master/Metallica, Hell Awaits/Slayer. I did not listen to new bands.


3. When did you discover death and doom metal and what is it about these musicial styles that you love so much?

Early Morbid Angel and Death influenced me very much. After this the only deathmetal band makes me headbanging was Six Feet Under with their first 3 albums. I like this kind of powerdeathmetal with cool grooves. Doom is for me early B.Sabbath!!!


4. Peter when did you first become interested in writing and performing music?Are you self taught or did you take lessons when first starting out?

 I have got a bass when i was 17 years old. I took some lessons from a jazz musician out of our area. When I was 19 i started to play in bands and creat music.


5. What are the current instruments that you play? Are their any instruments that you would like to learn to play one day?

I play bass and guitar. That is enough for me.


6. Peter you also handle the vocals for the band when did you first start singing and growling? Is there anything you do to keep your throat and voice healthy?

I started to growl in the 90ties with some backing vocals for my former band. I have my voice whenever I need it. Never a problem with my voice.


7. Who would you say are some of your biggest influences and favorite musicians? Who are some of your favorite vocalists over the years?

7) My bass heroes are Geezer Butler and Cliff Burton. My favorite vocalists are Lemmy and Ozzy!


8. When did you first get the idea to start Alvarez and are satisfied with how things have progressed with the band so far? How did you choose Alvarez as the band name?

 I started with Alvarez in 2019. After a lomg music break in my life I got the feeling to do it again. I am happy with how things are doing. Plaguedemon Records release all 3 Alvarez albums and I am proud to be a part of this perfect family! In my former band some of the bandmembers called me Alvarez. This is because the band calls Alvarez. Very simple!


9. Who would you say are the bands biggest influences and have they remained the same over the years?For the readers who have never heard Alvarez's music how would you best describe the bands musicial style?

We try to ignore other music if we create Alvarez songs. It is important for us to have our own style. Alvarez metal!



10. Moonshinewhores is the bands third full length release how long did it take to write the music for the new release?How long does it usually take to complete one song?

 We enter the record studio without any idea. The whole songwriting and recording takes just one week together. It is the best way for us to create music.


11. Peter you handle the vocals so I assume you write the lyrics for the music. What are some subjects written about on the new release?

 All our albums are about ancient Sumeria and Egypt. The new one is about a demigood survived the great flood. It is about him and his seven daughters the SEVEN WITCHES OF ERIDU.


12. Besides the new release Moonshinewhores are the bands previous releases still availible for the readers to purchase?Besides physical releases does the band have any other merchandise currently available? If yes what is availible and where can the readers purchase it?

You can find all infos at plaguedemonrecords.bandcamp.com For merchandise please write to Plaguedemon Records.


13. Has Alvarez had the opportunity to play live or do you prefer working in the studio? What have been some of the bands most memorable shows over the years?

Alvarez have the plan to play live shows all over Europe from summer 2023 on. With my former band I have played lot of great shows as support band. Some of this bands was Megadeath, Moonspell, Therion, Amorphis, Vader, Sinister, Six Feet Under, Carcass, Mortician and much more.


14. Besides working in Alvarez do you or any of the members currently play in any other bands or solo projects?If yes please tell the readers a little about them?

No,we all play only in Alvarez


15. When you need to take a break from working on new music or band business what do you like to do in your free time?

 Enter the record studio and record some cool music! Haha... yezzz


16. Thank you Peter for taking the time to fill this interview out do you have any final comments for the readers?

Thank you for this interview! Cheers to all of you out there!!!                                                                     Alvarez  band                                                                                                                                  https://alvarezband.bandcamp.com/                                                                                                             https://www.facebook.com/alvarezmetalband                                                                                               https://www.instagram.com/AlvarezBandinfo/                                                                                            Plague  Demon Records                                                                                                                                https://plaguedemonrecords.storenvy.com/                                                                                                 https://plaguedemonrecords.bandcamp.com/music                                                                                      https://www.facebook.com/Plaguedemonrecords.net/                                                                                 https://www.instagram.com/namtar.axarcuth/?hl=en                                                                                   Blasphemous Creations Of Hell Records                                                                                                    https://bchrecords.storenvy.com/                                                                                                                   https://blasphemouscreationsofhellrecords1.bandcamp.com/                                                                      https://www.facebook.com/blasphemouscreationsofhellrecords/