Wednesday, May 7, 2014

interview with lady dany owner/operator of lady dany's-black metal band support done by patrick

here is a new interview with my good friend lady dany from the lady dany-black metal support pages {see addresses at the end of the interview!!} unfortunatly she is full at the moment.but as you will read she is a HUGE/TRUE supporter of all-things black metal!!! so if you like what you read in the interview or want to check out/learn more about the bands she is supporting be sure to drop her a email soon!!!
best regards,
patrick and winter torment web-zine
http://www.myspace.com/winter_torment

interview with lady dany owner/operator of lady dany's-black metal band support done by patrick

1.hello my friend i hope 2011 is starting good for you? please tell th readers a little about yourself.

Hello Patrick! Yes, the new year started very well!
I´m Lady Dany and I support/promote some Black-Metal Bands since nearly 8 months now! I do that for free, because (Black)-Metal is my life and I want to support my friends in a "active" way!


2.when did you first start listening to metal? who were some of the first bands you listened to? who are some of your "current" favorite bands?


In 1987, I was 11 years old, a friend in school gave me a cassette of Iron Maiden! I was totally thrilled by Eddi on the cover! And after listening to the music...I was completely infected!! From that day on I listen to Maiden, Slayer, Sepultura, Anthrax, Metallica, Megadeth, Overkill, Dio and also Sodom, Destruction and Kreator from Germany.
Today my favourite bands are still Watain, Behemoth, Immortal, old Darkthrone, Emperor, Dissection, Gorgoroth, Marduk, Funeral Mist, 1349, Ragnarök, Nifelheim, Keep of Kalessin, Dark Funeral, Belphegor, Aura Noir, Behexen, Bethlehem, Lord Belial and Moonspell!
But one of my most loved bands are old Mayhem! I´m a huge fan of Euronymous and Dead since the 90´s



3.i would say your favorite style of metal is black metal. when did you first hear black metal? what is it about this style of metal that drew you to it?


Well, since 1987 I´m a "metal-head"! I life it with all my heart and soul! My home is also dark, black, with photos of my favourite bands, my friends,the bands I support/promote, with demons, skulls and devils...And I only wear black clothes! Every day and always.


In 1990 I found a clique with some new friends in the metal-scene and they changed my life! They gave me some material from Venom, Bathory and Mayhem! I became a huge Mayhem fan (and I´m a huge fan until today!)!
From that time on I´m "addicted" by Black Metal!!

4.everyone has their own ideas/opinions on what black metal stands for so i was curious of yours. what does black metal mean to you?


I love the brutal and uncompromising sound of black metal. I like the attitude, the Lyrics and also the black clothes, spikes and corpsepaint!
For me, BM represents the dark side of life. Also individuality, freedom, be against christianity, occultism...Black Metal define from the "normal" society.
And there is a big solidarity in the BM-Scene I think! My black metal friends are totally loyal and faithful and they are my best friends!!


5.what is your opinion of the newer black metal sub-genres like"suicidal/depressive" black metal or drone,expiremental black metal etc..? also what is your opinion of black metal bands who use female vocals,synths/keyboards etc.?

I´m very open for every sub-genre. I listen to a lot of bands. Either I like them or not! No matter if its "true" or not! To me its important, that the bands stand behind their music! You should feel the energy and the passion behind their songs!
And female vocals in BM is awesome! Great bands with female singers are Arkona from Russia or Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult from Germany. I also like Arch Enemy!


6.when did you get the idea to create "lady dany-black metal band sites? are you happy with how they are going so far?


I´ve made a new MySpace page in summer 2009. Just private at the beginning. I was interested in discover new musicians/bands and get in contact with them. I´ve added many bands and I support some of them. And with some bands I changed e-mails regular and we became good friends.
And so last summer I decided to support some of my friends in a "active" way! So the idea of Lady Dany Bandsupport/Promo was born!
I´m totally thankful and happy about the movement of my work! I love it very much! The belief "my" bands give to me is absolutely awesome and I do all my very best for them! And they all know that they can trust in me for 1000%! And some band-members are now my best friends! For me we are all a huge family! And I want to say a big Thank you to all my bands and friends!!




7.what bands are currently working with? are you looking for new bands to
work with/promote? do you only want to work with b.m bands or would you be interested in helping black metal labels and zines {thanks for supporting winter torment you rule!!} also?


At the moment I work with OUIJA/SPELLCRAFT from Spain, ARUM from Brasil (and OLAM EIN SOF of ARUM´s singer and leader Marcelo), TIRANO from Chile, DOMINIUM from Spain, ARMAGEDDON from Greece, KHAOS ABYSSI from Iran and BITCHHAMMER from Germany.
But my "main" Bands are OUIJA/SPELLCRAFT, ARUM and TIRANO.
Many bands, musicians and also labels and Zine´s ask me for help and support them too! But my capacity is completely full! I don´t have the time to support more bands or distribute cd´s for labels, zine´s etc! I´m very sorry!
My work is a "hobby" but it grown up to a full-time job and I work 5-6 hours every day for my bands! For the rest of the day I must do my regular job and I´m also a mother of a 4-years old son. So my day is really filled!
But I have some good ideas in my head and I want to realize all this year. A big goal and wish is to be a band-manager at one day!! That would be awesome!


8.i know you are like myself and have been into underground metal for 15 or more years.so i was wondering how do you feel the scene has changed over the years? i know over the last few years some people have said the scene is dead or dying. would you agree or disagree with this statement?

Generally everything changed...also the scene. There are so many bands out there, it´s very difficult to keep the overview! And I think that many really good bands dissapear! In our society everything is running so fast! Esp. in the music-business it´s very hard to survive. But I would not say that the scene is dead...there are always some "firm" peoples who fight and keeo the underground alive!


9.obviously the biggest change is the invention of computers and the internet. do you feel the internet has helped the underground scene or hurt it?

Some people judge the internet and some think that internet and underground scene can´t work together. Should not work together...But I think it´s a individual opinion of everybody! For me, I can say that its a great option to spread out your music to other fans! Some bands like that way, some not! But it´s ok! Everybody should take the way they prefer!


I want to show the fans out there "my" bands! And my bands like my work, too! And I just support musicians who want my help. Every step is agreed with them. We all work together really close!
If some people don´t like it-also ok!


10.you live in the great country of germany.what is your opinon of the metal scene in germany?


We have a big metal-scene here! There are a lot metal-heads, great labels, many huge festivals and concerts! Germany is a real metal-country! And we have a lot of amazing bands! In every genre!


11.who are your all-time favorite german metal bands? are their any new metal bands you feel the readers should watch out for?


Wow, thats difficult! Of course we have "big" bands like Scorpions, Rammstein, Kreator,...But I can suggest esp. Black-Metal bands like Endstille, AEBA, Unlight, Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, Secrets of the Moon, Under that Spell, Haradwaith, Golgotha, Bethlehem, Imperium Dekadenz, Schwarzer Engel, Agrypnie, The Vision Bleak, Grabfinsternis and some of my friends Blutnebel, Augrimmer and Bitchhammer!! The readers should check out their MySpace-pages!!


12.what about honest labels/distro's? any good web/fanzines you can recomend?


There are a few good labels like Nuclear Blast, Silverdust Records, Napalm Records, Noise Art Records, Soul Food, Metal Blade Records, Schwarzdorn Records, Evil Spell, Naturmacht Productions and many more! There also many good fanzines out there!


13.when you are not working at your job or you need to take a break from doing your promotion work. what do you enjoy doing in your spare-time?
any hobbies,interests


In my life everything is about music! I always listen to my cd´s or watch music-dvd´s! I read also many music-magazines and books.
I´m working 5-6 hours every day for my bands at least! Then my regular job and my son...so my day is completely filled!
(Black)-Metal is my huge "hobby"! But I´m also in the gothic-scene for many years. I often go to concerts and events. And I also like castles, woods, photography...But the biggest "point" in my life is the Metal and my bands!


14.well dany we have reached the end of the interview.thank you for taking
the time to fill this interview out. do you have any final comments for the readers?


I´m totally thankful for that interview and our collaboration!! Horns up and stay metal!!
And please check out my bands!! ;-)


to check out and "add" lady dany's black-metal support pages just check out the addresses below.

http://www.myspace.com/blackmetaldany

www.ladydany-bandsupport-promo.de.tl

Facebook: Lady Dany (Black-Metal-Band-Support/Promo)