Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Interview with Gulnar instruments for A.H.P done by Patrick posted on 7-17-18


Interview with Gulnar instruments for A.H.P done by Patrick

1.Hello Gulnar please introduce yourself to the readers?

Hi, I am Gulnar. I am a leader of Illness and A.H.P. I also play in Deep pression and in few other projects.

2.When did you first become interested in writing and playing music?What was the first instrument you learned to play?

I guess when I was around 14. I started with the vocals first and around a year later,I have began to learn playing guitar.

3.Who would you say are some of your influences and favorite musicians?

Considering that I don't listen only to metal music, it would be too many to name, but just to name few metal ones: Quorthon, Nuclear Holocausto Vengeance, Euronymous, ...

4.Are their any instruments you would like to learn to play one day?

I would like to be a good drumme

5. Gulnar you started A.H.P in 2011 when did you first get the idea to start this band?And how did you choose the name A.H.P for the name of the band?

The idea came around autumn 2011. I chosed Against Human Plague because this project was meant to represent my disgust towards humanity. It was meant to be simple and straight to the face.

6.I believe you started A.H.P in Poland but you re-located to Norway when did you decide to move to Norway?

I think that You are confusing Illness with A.H.P. I started with Illness few years before I moved to Norway. In 2001, to be precise. A.H.P. came to life long after I have moved here, I live here since january 2007.

7.Forakt,Hat Og Dod is the bands newest EP.which features a new song and a cover of Burzum's Tomhet when did you first get the idea to cover Tomhet?

I think around the time when debut was released. I began trial recordings in november 2015, I think.

8.Have you done any other covers on your past releases?Are their any bands and songs you would like to cover on future releases?

We did three covers with A.H.P in total so far. On debut album I did Beherit's "Emotional Ecstasy"and War's "Satan's Millenium". Whole album was dedicated to Blackmoon. I have some plans for covers but not with A.H.P.

9.What is the current line up of the band and for the readers who have never heard the bands musicial style how would you best describe it?

Gulnar - Guitars, backing vocals, ambient, programming
Armagog - Vocal, bass
Aro - Guitar, Effects

A.H.P. represents Black Scar Ambient which is a mixture of Black Metal and Dark Ambient

10.Besides the Forakt,Hat Og Dod are their any copies of the debut release still available if yes where can the readers buy it?

There are few copies left on the debut album as well as few copies of demo. You can find all merch on our bandcamp

https://ahphorde.bandcamp.com/

11.Has A.H.P played very many live shows or is this strictly a studio band?Are their any shows coming up in support of the newest EP.?If yes where will the band be playing?

A.H.P. havent play live yet but we are willing to play and if we will get any offers we will surely consider them.

12.Have you ever thought of making a video for any of your songs?If yes which song would you like to see made into a video?

We have made few video trailers and I began to make a video to "Drowned", a song from debut album, but because of lack of time I never finished it. I was thinking also about making something for the ep that we have recently released but since its is only one song and its 18 min long, I gave up. We will make a proper video for the upcomming album.

13.When taking a break from writing music and band business what do you like to do in your free time?

I never have break from music. It fulfills my whole life. If I am not producing, recording or playing, I listen to other bands. I also like to read and watch movies but because of numbers of project that I work with it is really hard to find any free time.

14.Have you and the band started working on new music for the next release? Will it be a full length or EP.?

Yes we did. It will be a full lenght. We already have almost two songs completed.

15.Thank you Gulnar for taking the time to fill this interview out do you have any final words for the readers?

Thx for support. Buy "Forakt, Hat og Død". Visit our bandcamp and facebook

https://ahphorde.bandcamp.com/
https://facebook.com/againsthumanplague/